Forget about what you know and have heard about apprenticeships as apprenticeships have changed. They are changing young people’s lives for the better.
What are apprenticeships?
An apprenticeship is a smart and effective way for your son / daughter to gain skills, qualifications and experience in their chosen career path. They combine work, study and training so the young person ‘earns while they learn’. Apprenticeships range from GCSE level to A level to Foundation Degree level and, regardless of your child’s previous qualifications (if any), we can help them to move on with a career.
Apprenticeships will provide your young person with:
- A large range of career paths to choose from
- A job which is paid – they will ‘earn while they learn’
- A qualification which is recognised by industry
- An environment free of student debt
- Training on the job where they are mentored and supported
- Valuable experience which will open up a world of jobs to them
- The confidence to become more independent
- Transferable skills which will help them compete for jobs
- And much more
There is a large range of apprenticeships across a wide range of industries and jobs and, best of all, the government and the employer fund this route for your child.
Contact us for more information on what it means to be an Apprentice in 2018. Our professional Skills Team from Derry City and Strabane District Council are on hand to answer your questions and give you more information with no strings attached. Call me with telephone number and request call back link needed.